Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Xenosaga. Or, How I Learned to Love Space Anime Jesus and Some Other Stuff.

I got Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille zur Macht for a grand total of $3.33 at a discount video store. Damn, this game has some strange characters.

Space Jesus aka chaos.

Space ROBOT Mary Magdelene aka KOS-MOS.

Why do the Japanese love Judeo-Christian mythology? And Gnosticism? And Nietzsche, Freud and Jung?

Honestly, if this game didn't have a cool look and neat mechanical designs..... Oh who am I kidding? It was $3 bucks for "Over 80 hours of gameplay."

In this economy, that's a steal.

Why does the game have to be so slow-paced though? I've played some games with some long-ass cutscenes but damn. This has some long cutscenes and a strange flow to it.

Combat system is fun though.
______________________________

In other news, Kamen Rider Accel has the potential to bring the most homoeroticism to the franchise because another man can ride him around. Two men at once, in a weird sort of way.
______________________________

Iron Man was awesome this week. But it doesn't make sense when read with Who Will Hold the Shield? or whatever it was called. That one-shot had Bucky taking over as Cap. But this has Steve doing all the shield-tossing? Maybe it's just because his old buddy Tony's life is in the balance or something? Or maybe I missed something?
_____________________________

The X-Men shojo manga is the gayest thing ever. Serously. Angel holds Sabertooth by a leash. Not to mention everyone looks like a reject from an awful manga I found stuffed into the American comics rack at the bookstore called, get this, Gay's Anatomy. Yeah. It was a frightening experience that I will save for later.
____________________________

Do you know what game rocks? Tatsunoko VS Capcom. Sure, I would've preferred an anime company that had more titles that I had actually seen (I've only seen Tekkaman Blade, Karas, Casshern SINS, and SoulTaker. And SoulTaker isn't even in this game.) We need a Production I.G. VS Capcom or a Toei VS Capcom.

I think it's a bit less fast-paced compared to Street Fighter IV, but this is still a really well-made fighting game. I liked the inclusion of seemingly "forgotten" Capcom characters like Viewtiful Joe, classic Zero and Megaman Trigger/Volnutt.

No comments:

Post a Comment