Saturday, February 6, 2010

Smallville Finally Rocks Again.

First off, thanks to Rankarana for informing me that the "weird full-color lesbian manga" was called Maka Maka. I guess.
_____________________

I haven't watched Smallville since it moved to Fridays. But I did watch last night's episode. Man was it cool.

They had Checkmate in it. And Pam Grier (That's Foxy Brown!) as Amanda Waller!

The JSA were cool too. Michael Shanks was cool as Hawkman, but his deep voice was weird.

Dr. Fate's eyes bugged me a bit.

It was nice to see the Martian Manhunter's true form, if only for a brief moment as well.

It was just nice to see some more fantastical comic book elements in Smallville. I mean, we've had some other characters from the comics show up, but the JSA? Now that was a good move.

The overall story was good too. The villain was really lame though. Icicle? There had to have been cooler villains out there to use. Good God that was a shitty, unintentional pun.

_________________________

Good God, Xenosaga is boring. I keep trying to play it, but I can't do it for long. I'm 7 hours in and it just hasn't grabbed me at all.

It doesn't help that the plot is so out there it hurts.

________________________


On the literary front, Stephen King's Needful Things is really good. It reminds me of The Tommyknockers  due to the whole "Otherworldly force makes townsfolk insane" thing.

_______________________

Robot Damashii Side [YOROI] Daan of Thursday. 'Bout damn time GunXSword got some love.

And not one, not two, but three Side [MS] RX-78 types! Animated series version, modern version and "modified" version, which looks vaguely reminiscent of the version from Gundam: The Origin.

Now if only Side [VF] mecha could actually transform...

______________________

Well, I'm out of shit to talk about. Go away now.

No comments:

Post a Comment